Did you know that comprehensive FAQs are one of the 20 critical ticket sales page features every event website must have? Not only can publishing excellent answers to frequently asked questions on your ticket sales page save your team a lot of time, but doing so can also give people the trust and confidence they need to click the buy button.
BEST PRACTICES TO WRITE TICKET SALES PAGE FAQS FOR YOUR EVENT
The goal of the FAQs on your ticket sales page should be to answer questions you know you’ll get asked repeatedly leading up to the event day. Think of how much time you’ll save if you don’t have to answer the same questions again and again. Instead, people will know the answer because it’s in the FAQs on the ticket sales page!
Your FAQs should also answer questions that can help potential attendees make the decision to buy tickets.
With that in mind, you need to make sure the FAQs provide answers not just to common questions about buying tickets but also about the event. When people have access to all of the information they need in one place, they’re far more likely to buy tickets.
The goal is to make it as easy as possible for people to buy tickets without having to leave the ticket sales page at all. Therefore, all of the information that could affect their buying decision should be covered in the FAQs.
Following are some tips to write helpful FAQs for your event that will effectively reduce calls and email messages to you and your team as well as create the sense of trust that people need to take action and buy tickets:
WRITE CLEARLY AND SUCCINCTLY
Answers should be short and easy to understand. Don’t try to include every detail in every answer. Instead, cover the most important information that potential ticket buyers need to know in order to decide to make a purchase. If you need to provide more details, you can link to details on your event website.
Your answers to frequently asked questions on the ticket sales page should be written in a conversational, friendly tone. Of course, the tone should match your event’s brand, but you don’t want your FAQs to sound like a legal document. Write answers the same way you would speak to your audience in person or on the phone.
ORGANIZE YOUR FAQS
As you’re writing FAQs, think about how you can organize them on your ticket sales page. For example, you can break up a long list of FAQs with section heading to make it easier for people to scan and find the information they’re looking for. Some sections could include:
- General Event Questions: Date, time, location, and so on
- Ticket Questions: Refunds, electronic vs. print, discounts, bundles, rain policy, and so on
- Security Questions: Bag policy, items that are not allowed, food and drinks policy, entrance and exit policies, and so on
- Venue Questions: Restrooms, picnic areas, and so on
- Accessibility Questions: Venue accommodations, parking access, security animals, and so on for attendees with disabilities
- Support Questions: Who to call for ticketing support, who to call for event information, and so on
- Traffic and Parking Questions: What kind of parking will be available, parking prices, directions to the venue, traffic or construction warnings, and so on
Your sections and questions could include all of the suggestions above, fewer sections, or completely different sections. It depends on your specific event and the questions attendees are most likely to need answers to in order to buy tickets.
EXAMPLE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER IN YOUR TICKET SALES PAGE FAQS
There are so many different types of questions that you could answer on your ticket sales page. To get you started, here are some of the most common questions that we’ve tracked over the many years we’ve been ticketing events.
GENERAL EVENT QUESTIONS
- What is the date and time of the event?
- Where is the event being held?
- Do I need to have a COVID-19 vaccine?
- Who are the performers?
- Do I need to bring my ticket?
- What if I lose my ticket?
- What happens if it rains?
- Can I get a discount?
- Do you offer discounted ticket bundles?
- Do you have group rates?
- Can I get a refund?
- Is there premium seating? How much does it cost?
- Can I buy a ticket at the venue on the day of the event?
- Will there be a security check to get in?
- Can I bring a bag?
- Are there things I’m not allowed to bring?
- Can I bring my own food and drinks?
- What is the smoking and/or alcohol policy?
- Can I leave and come back to the event?
- Will restrooms be available? How many?
- Is there seating to eat?
- Do I need to bring my own chair? (For outdoor events)
- Are there shady/covered areas to sit?
- Is there handicap parking?
- Is the venue handicap accessible?
- Are there handicap restrooms?
- Is there a shuttle from the parking lot to the venue entrance or gate?
- How far is the parking lot from the venue entrance or gate?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about my ticket?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about the event?
- If I have a problem on the day of the event with my ticket, parking, or something else I paid for in advance, what should I do?
TRAFFIC AND PARKING QUESTIONS
- Do I have to pay for parking?
- Can I buy parking in advance?
- Is premium parking available?
- How do I get to the venue?
- If parking is offsite, how do I get from the parking area to the venue?
YOUR NEXT STEP TO WRITE TICKET SALES PAGE FAQS
Comprehensive FAQs give ticket buyers the best experience and help you sell more tickets because they give people the information they need to prepare for the event.
When people know the details about things like where to park, what time the gates open, and so on, they’ll not only feel more comfortable buying tickets in advance, but they’ll also have peace-of-mind that things will go smoothly for them on the day of the event.
Ultimately, they’ll have a better experience at the event, which means they’re more likely to buy tickets the next time you hold the event, and they’re more likely to tell other people postiive things about it.
Bottom-line, taking the time to write great FAQs for your ticket sales page can save you a lot of time leading up to your event, increase ticket sales, help ensure your event is successful, and even boost word-of-mouth marketing and ticket sales for your next event.
If you need help writing FAQs for the ticket sales page for your next event, the AttendStar ticketing platform is built with a tool to help you do it! You can also contact us, and we’ll help you set up your ticket sales page in the AttendStar software and create your FAQs.